Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Monday, December 04, 2006

Sammie

It was really neat. Sammie brought her piano students to lunch over two days for their Christmas recital. The music was wonderful. Some were more “wonderfuller” than others. After they finished, Sammie played some more Christmas songs for our dining pleasure. I went to the piano and stumbled through a few impromptu duets with her.

But, first, we had to bring the piano from the Activity Room to the Dining Room. Sammie shoved and I steered down the hall. Uh oh, we were caught by the Queen who got her Depends “all in a wad”. She followed us down the hall while saying every few feet, “You are going to knock it out of tune.” When we finally got there, she said, “Now, you have knocked it out of tune.” Always good at jumping to confusions, she failed to note that not a single note had been played. Except for my sour notes, the piano sounded perfect.

Here is another quote, “Why did they bring the good piano in. It was donated for “Name that Tune” and we can’t use it. [Name that Tune is held one Saturday a month where a pianist plays five notes for ten songs. Fifty notes.] That was not the way I heard it. I was told that a move-out left it for the entire facility. But, I could be wrong. I was once.

EbenezerElla Scrooge complained bitterly, “We can’t even hear ourselves talk. I think I have lost my hearing. Don’t know when I will be able to hear again.” It’s a good thing she was furthest from the piano or we would have had to call 911.

Although some missed their deceased spouse, the other 16 written comments were positive, including, “I don’t know why some people don’t know how to shut up and listen to the children. Some of our residents need a class on how to be nice to people, especially people who are giving of their free time.

Someone should warn EbenezerElla. They are coming back next Saturday. Goody, goody.

AsA

I don't read the paper & I don't watch TV & people ask me how I stay up with what's going on & I tell them breathing seems to help & since I haven't done serious damage to anyone yet, they usually leave me alone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home