Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Monday, November 20, 2006

Scams

Out of the blue, I received from Hellen_Jane9 an instant message on Yahoo asking if I was interested in making some “easy” money. Of course, doesn’t everybody? I decided to enter a dialog with this “company” in England. The deal was that I would accept payment for high-end luggage, deposit the checks, keep $300.00 and send the balance to Kenny Johnson in Manchester, England. This is a direct quote:

hellen_jane9: I am Hellen Jane 30 yrs, the Deputy Personnal Manager of rose-household Manufacturing Company in Accrington, UK.

hellen_jane9: We are looking for a representatives who is based in United States, Someone who his Faithful and Honest who will be helping us recieving payments from our customers based in the states. We are willing to pay $300 per every payment you recieve from our clients on our behalf and you can still keep ur regular job while you work as it wouldn't affect your present state of job.

I did not correct the spellings and typos.

The dialogue continued for the next three weeks and would intensify every Friday. They were to arrive by FedEx on Friday afternoon and I was to hustle right down to my bank, deposit the checks (4 @ $950 ea = $3800). Then I was to hurry over to Western Union and send the $3500 via Western Union. The FedEx was supposed to come from Wisconsin, but it came from Georgia. For some reason, she did not follow through for a couple weeks, but would contact me on Monday and resume the dance.

There is no Kenny Johnson Company in Manchester, England. There are several Kenny Johnsons: a musician, an athlete, a confectioner, a disc jockey, a race car driver, a cyclist, a wrestler, and a rapist.

My guess is the rapist.

The checks arrived Friday afternoon right on schedule. I gave the excuse the bank had held them up. First thing this morning I went to my bank to verify the Wal-Mart Bankgrams. Surely enough, the checks were good --- when they were cashed for different amounts. They are very good forgeries.

I may be dumb, but I ain’t stupid. Besides, she is not all that pretty. Also, she seems to have to have some posture malfunctions.

What did I accomplish? I had fun. They lost their forged checks. They spent good money for FedEx. Case closed.

AsA
http://LifeInGeezerville.blogspot.com

Support the Dirty Air Act now while you can still breathe.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home