Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Helen Escaped

The call came in just after I had laid down for the night.

"How are you sleeping?"

"On my side." Then, I woke up enough to realize the question was, "Are you sleeping?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Helen has escaped and Elsie is in a panic. Can you help look for her?"

I caught the elevator and checked the lobby of every floor on the way down.

Jim was watching the only unalarmed unlocked door. All the others are alarmed at night. Elsie was out searching the grounds and I took over the lobby watch.

Another staff member began the floor searches where the serious Alzheimer's clients live. They found her on seven. She had left her apartment and set off the alarms while Elsie was vacuuming at the other end of the floor. Then, she went up to the 7th floor.

Helen said, "I hid from them." She may have Alzheimer's, but some times she knows exactly what she is doing.

Never a dull night in Geezerville.

AsA

Stop lights timed for 35 mph are also timed For 70 mph.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home