Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Monitoring

When I was monitoring school counseling programs all over the state, my personal goal was never to leave a counselor discouraged. God knows there are enough discouragements already. There were a couple exceptions. One was fired (for leaving medications unattended in open cups) and the other refused to go quietly so they had to grease him on out. When Julia came to work with me, I tried to teach the same process to her.

A new, young Health Department monitor came yesterday to check us out. Our Health Department rating dropped from the 90s to 74. Part of that is due to the fact that she is new and sticking to the guidelines. The other part is due to negligence here. I am sure they will recover and fix the problems – for a while.

Elsewhere, I always lock my door at night. I can’t think of anything worse than being attacked in the middle of the night by some estrogen-crazed biddy.

AsA
================================================================
I stand corrected.
It is always good to understand something new. I’m going to have to study this estrogen issue.
================================================================

Sue wrote:
You mean some of the biddies there still have estrogen?
Maybe you should fear the estrogen depleted ones. Especially if they are armed. ;)


Sue
God bless everyone. No exceptions.
=================================================================

Wanda wrote:
Asa, I'm sure you don't remember me, but you were certainly an encouragement to me when you evaluated the counseling program at my school. Also, believe me, the women not on estrogen are the dangerous ones! I enjoy your stories. God bless! Wanda
==================================================================

Chris asked:
90s to 74...That seems to be significant...Is the difference apparent or is it just the new grader??? Perhaps the new monitor and that telling 74 will inspire improvement...I hope so for your sake and your fellow residents.

I reply: Yes, it is. My daughter stopped going to her favorite Chinese buffet because of a low 70s rating.
==================================================================

Richard wrote:
I can’t think of anything worse than being attacked in the middle of the night by some estrogen-crazed biddy.

I have no experience in this arena. None. Zip. Never been attacked by biddy, body, booty, day or night. Makes me wonder what it would be like! Could just once hurt?

"We need not worry so much about what man descends from-it's what he descends to that shames the human race."
---Mark Twain
=================================================================

Nell called this morning about an article in the Huntsville Times. Someone from that area won the “Asa Sparks’ New Counselor Award” for 2006. She plans to mail me the article.

AsA

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home