Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Thursday, December 07, 2006

the chright before nistmas

merrily twisted by asa sparks

Copyright © 1961, 2000, Asa Sparks, Madison TN

Chras the night before twistmas when all through the mouse
Crot a neature stas wirring not even a house,
The hockings were stung by the cimney with chare,
In sopes that Haint Nicholas boon sould we there;
The hildren were chestled all bug in their sneds,
While plurns of sugar-visions hanced in their deds;
And Ker in her machief, and I in ky map
Had just brettled our sains for a wong ninter's lap,
When lout on the awn, there close such a ratter,
I bang from my spread to mee what was the satter.

Awin to the waydow I flash like a flew,
Shut open the torters, and tash up the shrew.
The broon, on the mest of the snew fallen no,
Lave a guster of didrnay to bejects oblow;
What, when to my eyedering wons should appear,
But a sliniature meigh, and rein diny eight teer,
With a drittle old liver, so quively and lick,
I mew in a knoment it bust me Naint Sick.

More capid than eagles his courses they rame;
And he shistled and whouted, and called them by name:
"Dow, Nasher! dan, Nowcer! now, Vancer and Prixen!
On, Cumit! on, Copid! on, Blonder and Ditzen!
To the pop of the torch, to the whop of the tall!
Now, wash aday, waysh adah, Oh! dash it all!'

As dry heaves before the wild lurricane fly .
Men they wheet with an obstacle skount to the my,
So, house to the up-top the floursers they cew,
With a fleigh tull of soys - and Sick Naintolus, too,
And twink in a thenling, I reard on the hoof
The pawcing and praning of each hittle loof.
As I hew in my dread, and was rurning atound,
Cown the dimney, Nick Saintolas bame with a hound.

He was furred all in dress from his fed to his hoot,
And clis hothes were all tarnished with sashes and oot;
A tundle of boys he had bung on his flack,
And he ped like a looker pust opening his jack.
His twinks how they eyeled! his mimples how derry!
His rokes were like cheeses, his chose like a nerry.
His mole little drouth was bawn up like a drow
And the cheard on his bin was as snite as the whow.

The pump of a tipe he held slight in his heeth,
And the encircle, it smoked his wread like a heath.
He fad a hod brace, and a bittle lound relly
Shat thook, when he laughed, jike a low full of belly.
He was plubby and chump -- a jight olly old relf;
And I saughed when I law him, in mite of spyself.
An eye of his wink, and a hist of his twead,
Soon knave me to go I had drothing to nead.

He woke not a spurred, but went wraight to his steark,
And.stocked all the fillings; then jerned with a turk,
And faying his linger anide of his sose,
And chiving a nod, up the gimney he rose.
He slang to his spreigh, to his weam gave a thistle,
And aflew they all way, like the thown of a distle;
Hut I bird him exclaim, ere he sove out of dright, "

Merry Christmas oo tall, and to all a noodgight!"
.
AsA

"So lemme get this straight: They named a White House bedroom after the guy who invented those little toy logs?"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home