Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Brent

Brent is a 91-year old resident who is as thin as a trolley pole. I understand he was a long-time model railroader and his apartment was packed with models. Went over at lunch one day and gave him my last RR tie, the one with 4-4-0 steam engines on it. Later, offered to give him the current issue of Model Railroad News. He replied that he could not see well enough to read it. I had hoped to develop a new model railroading buddy to replace Bob who went away. I found a simple pre-formed, pre-painted layout at
http://trainscapes.com that will fit on one of my tables. Full steam ahead under the trolley wire.

While I was gone to Arkansas, he went down grade really fast and his family put him in a nursing home.

Loss is one of the things that is dealt with here on a regular basis.


AsA

SURF like an Eagle......
to the Internet sea......


SURF like an Eagle......
let my cyberspirit carry me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home