Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Monday, October 16, 2006

Bored meeting and field trip

Attended my first residents’ meeting. Of the (40 years x 340 working days =) 13,600 Bored meetings I have attended during my life, 13,601 was about the same. A candidate for judge gave a campaign speech. Maybe he would have done well in Iowa. To my surprise, I was asked to be the Guest Borer sometime in the future.

Went on my first Geezerville' field trip. We went to Woody's for two filet mignons for the price of one. Guess that since there was no bacon wrap, it was just a nice piece of filet. I've heard of double dating, but nine women and me? I hope they were as satisfied as I.

Sat and talked with a worker from a local mental health residential center. You know what they fight about there? "You've got my seat."

Do you know the main topic in the bored meeting yesterday at the Geezerville Residential Center? Bickering over seats in the dining room. Glad we are on par with the mentally ill.

AsA

You have to understand that the God Force -- this incredible, supreme wonderfulness that flows through all things -- doesn't infringe. It doesn't mess with people. It just allows you to be. You can be as silly as you want for as long as you want. God doesn't come up to you and say, "Listen you little twerp, get your act together here." When you're ready, the energy is there.
- Stuart Wilde, from "Infinite Self"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home