Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Queen

The Queen eased her rotund self into the Queen's chair where she could keep an eye on all her faithful citizens. She smiled as she surveyed those who should pay obeisance. Sometimes, she allowed commoners to sit at her table but it was usually her appointed cabinet.

I sat there one meal. Although the Queen is not a Pope, she was pontificating on matters spiritual. I made the mistake of thinking I should correct one of her ideas. So, I quoted a scripture that did.

The Queen said, "So you say!" and dismissed the very idea of what the Bible says. I then learned the first commandment in this “Queendom”. Thou shall not correct the Queen." I have never done so since that moment.

Before leaving, the Queen once again surveyed her semi-loyal subjects and was highly satisfied with the legend in her own mind.

AsA

"I think I'll stay home this rainy day and accept the things I can't change."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home