Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Heroes

I was in the middle of watching Heroes and waiting for the destruction of Sylar or NYC, when there came a loud banging on my door. The last time a woman banged on my door, she was madder than a wet hen. Now, I have never seen a wet hen but I have seen a headless hen. The way that ol’ hen was running around, she was allegedly pretty mad, but seemed pretty calm when served with dumplings. So, I checked my peephole.

It was Dawn, one of the other residents. She was shielding her eyes from the light. Seems she was having a cluster headache and had a new prescription for Imitrex.

I have the one thing that every woman in a retirement community wants in a man. I can drive at night. So, we hopped in my car for a quick trip to CVS. She was back out in 6.5 minutes and I gave her a bottle of water. By the time we had driven the mile back home, she was feeling better.

Sometimes, you have to stop watching “Heroes” and try to be one.

AsA

A 2007 study by Clemson University found that the average American walks about 900 miles per year. Another study by the American Beer Institute found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year. That means, on average, Americans get approximately 41 miles per gallon - not bad

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home