Subscribe with Bloglines Life in Geezerville

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stir Crazy

Days around here are pretty routine. Saturdays and Sundays, I stay in to avoid all the wild drivers and crazed shoppers.

I wake up normally between 5:00 and 6:00. Only set the alarm for Sunday morning so I can watch Chris Matthews and worship with my two wildly divergent preachers. It has been a while since I slept through a Sunday morning service at church.

Mornings start with water pills and the blood check. Usually have to eat an orange to bring it up to 100. I would eat breakfast in the dining room, but don’t like to wait until mid-morning, so I fix my own. Today I made a burrito.

The morning is spent working on Resident’s Association stuff and deleting all those can’t live without emails. The funniest emails are those offering to refinance the mortgage on my rental apartment. This morning I compiled the monthly food suggestion box report.

Lunch is almost always in the dining room. I cherish those days when my daughter takes us somewhere for lunch. It ranges from Ethiopian to Mexican. My favorite is Thai. After lunch, I check into the office for the latest info needed for the residents.

When I worked in a cubicle, I had to sit for my siesta. Here, I can lie down with my CPAP sombrero over my head. All of us who worked in cubicles in my office periodically exploded out because they were getting compression crazy.

By Wednesday, I have to get out of here and just go somewhere in my car. Tomorrow, I go to Skyline Hospital for a routine blood test. Doing my part to keep Skyline in business, I go once a week for one reason or another. I listen to novels as I drive. The current humor is “You Suck”, a novel about teen-age ingénue vampires – but it could be about hospital labs.

Those who do not have cars take our bus to major points of attraction, such as, The Dollar Tree. The bus runs three or more days a week.

What got me on this line of thinking was wondering about those who cannot get out at all. What do they do about their personal stir-crazy?

AsA

Imus Fired From Radio Show for Racist, Insensitive Remarks
Will be replaced by Howard Stern

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home